Risk Assessment Annotated Bibliography – coursefighter.com
Business Finance – coursefighter.com
Prior to beginning work on this assignment carefully review the CRJ633 Risk Assessment Scenarios and choose one that will be the topic for all the assignments related to your Risk Assessment in Week Six. In addition, read Chapter 11 in Radvanovsky (2013) and Chapter 5 in Sylves (2015). Review the complete instructions for the Final Paper, “Risk Assessment,” in Week Six of the course. It may be necessary to expand into more generalized research in risk assessment, critical infrastructure protection, and/or the sector as it relates to your chosen scenario (Access the MSCJ Professional Sources guide (Links to an external site.) for additional assistance with finding appropriate resources.)
The purpose of this assignment is to assist you in developing research analysis skills including critical thinking, writing, and literature research skills. This annotated bibliography assignment will provide you with an opportunity to locate resources for your Risk Assessment in Week Six. (There is a Sample Annotated Bibliography (Links to an external site.) in the Ashford Writing Center for additional assistance. This sample is to be used as a guide; you must address the required criteria below for this assignment.)
Research a minimum of 15 sources in total, including at least one each of the following types: peer-reviewed articles, scholarly resources, and professional resources that are considered to have reliable information. (Professional resources exclude popular news sources e.g., Newsweek, Time, People, New York Times, and any television news source and online open sourced materials like Wikipedia.) At least four must be from the Ashford University Library.
Each source must engage at least one of the following topics. Further, each of the below topics must be addressed at least once, with respect to your twelve chosen articles.
- Concepts of risk assessment and risk analysis.
- The impacts of actual and suspected threats.
- The recognition of real and perceived threats and the management of risk.
- The ethical and legal issues of risk assessment and management.
- Theory utilized to advance research questions in risk assessment and management.
The Annotated Bibliography must include the following for each source.
- Create a complete APA formatted citation.
- Create an annotation that summarizes the information provided in the full article. Address the following elements while synthesizing this information.
- The author(s)
- The purpose of the article (e.g., An experimental study was completed investigating the interaction of short-term memory and attention.)
- A description of the subjects of the article
- Conclusions drawn from the article
- Contributions to the literature (e.g., new findings, applications, etc.)
- The relevance to the Risk Assessment assignment
The Risk Assessment Annotated Bibliography
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least 15 scholarly and/or professional sources, at least four from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.