patrol officer community policing paper – coursefighter.com
Business Finance – coursefighter.com
You are a patrol officer, assigned to a neighborhood that is reporting increased calls for graffiti and vandalism in the last six months, especially along a block of abandoned/vacated buildings. Some people in the neighborhood have also reported being harassed when walking through local parks by a group of teenagers. A group of neighbors appeared at a recent city commission meeting, demanding that the city do something about the vandalism, graffiti, intimidation and harassment. The Mayor requests the Chief of Police to research these issues and report back to the City Commission in a few months.
The Chief passes this project along to your division commander, who has asked you to create an action plan to address these issues. You will present the action plan at next month’s Chief’s meeting, with your division commander.
For your assignment, first do some research to make sure you fully understand the concepts of community policing and problem-oriented policing.
Next, write a detailed action plan explaining how the Chief can resolve the citizens’ concerns. Be sure your paper includes the following information:
- Who will you speak to and what information will you collect?
- How will you identify the issues?
- What type of technology might you use to gather information? COMPSTAT, etc.?
- How will you develop solutions or strategies to the citizens’ complaints?
- Explain whether your strategies or solutions are based on community policing or problem-oriented policing.
- Which method do you think will be most effective? Discuss the positive and negatives aspects.
- What recommendations will you make?
Prepare your assignment following APA citation and format requirements. You must include proper citations to any source you relied on for information that you include in your paper.