Operational Excellence: TQM and Global Marketplace Challenges – coursefighter.com
Writing – coursefighter.com
ABC Company is a manufacturing company that produces various products and uses a supply chain to deliver directly to global customers and retailers. Over the years, businesses have continuously responded to the pressures of globalization. Most industry, networks of suppliers, manufacturers, middlemen, and customers operate from various geographical region. Part of the challenges is striving to lower their costs, increase their profits, and improve productivity in a highly competitive global marketplace. A paradigm shift has occurred in which companies that once built domestically to sell internationally now look globally for raw materials, services, and finished goods to sell into a defined marketplace. This shift induced barriers to trade and investment, lower transportation costs, ease of information flows, new enabling technologies, and the emergence of economies such as China, India, the United States, and other countries. As supply chain management aims to manage the flow of goods, information and finances among these business networks in the most efficient manner, companies need to discover the effective supply chain management cuts costs, reduces waste, prevents over-production and help ensure that customers are more satisfied with the product, price, and service. This means adopting an essential tool for competitiveness in a global marketplace.
1. Select one company from any country, example (China, India, the United States, another country). Identify the supply chain management challenges being experienced by the company and use it to develop a problem statement
2. Apply the concepts of total quality management (TQM), six common definitions of quality in manufacturing, such as Conformance, performance, reliability, features, durability, and serviceability. Also apply the concepts of the four types of quality costs, such as Internal failure costs, External failure costs, Appraisal costs, and Prevention costs. Also, describe whether your case study company experienced external failure costs that are expensive for service organizations. Incorporate the knowledge of a cause-andeffect diagram; what are the possible primary causes of quality problems? Finally, apply the concept of ISO 9000 to your case study organization.
Part 1 – Paper Assignment Deliverables: Research Paper Criteria:
• Research Paper must be in APA Style – Create a document in Word that contains the following elements: – Title page – Course number and name – Research Project name – Group Members Name – Date – Table of contents, clickable, auto-generated with Max of 3 levels deep section headings • Standard Research Criteria: (Abstract, Introduction, Literature Review, Methodology, Data Analysis, Findings, Conclusion, References).
• Research Paper must have at least five works cited of which three must be peer-reviewed works/articles.
• Must be at least 10 – 15 double-spaced pages (with title and references included)
• Tables, Figures, Graphs, illustrations, and spreadsheets are allowed but must be used according to APA guidelines. • Maximum Number of Attempts allowed for submission is two
• Save the group file with group name before submission: Example: Team1_1_wk7_GP_Paper_date
Part 2 – PowerPoint Presentation: Upon developing ABC Company research paper, prepare a PowerPoint for a presentation that your team will present to the company CEO to advise on how to overcome the identified supply chain management challenges and recommendations on the essential tools for competitiveness in a global marketplace. The length of the presentation should be between 15-20 slides.
• Maximum Number of Attempts allowed for submission is two
• Save the group file with group name before submission: Example: Team1_1_wk7_GP_PPT_date
will represents 60% of the course grade:
(a) Research Paper possible grade of 200 points: –
Meets Standard Criteria ((Introduction, Relevant Research, Methodology, Data Analysis, Findings, Conclusion)
– APA Guidelines and Format – Completeness/Content
– Total quality management (TQM) – Managing quality costs and failure costs
– Incorporating cause-and-effect diagram
– Integration of ISO 9000 concept
– Recommendations to the CEO of the case study organization
– The logic of Processes and Actions (Thoroughness)
– Grammar and Document Organization
(b) PowerPoint Presentation possible grade of 140 points: – Completeness of the Topic (Problem Identification, Quality Processes, Standards, Action, Justification, Recommendation, Conclusion) – Literature Review and comparing of best practices in the global marketplace. – Presentation Delivery
(c) Peer Evaluation Form grade of 10 points