Key Components of Myths and Contemporary Films Paper – coursefighter.com
Writing – coursefighter.com
In this paper, you will explore key components of myths and use the myths we have been reading to demonstrate them. For example, you should explore the significance of the various forms of myths; the relationship of myths to other disciplines, such as art or history; or the connection of myth to contemporary film.
The paper will then argue the point by using appropriate evidence from various myths. The evidence will include a myth or myths of your choosing. Some possible approaches using thesis statements are below:
- Far from being false or obsolete, myths are true and relevant to us today.
- Myth continues to be an active force by serving the following four functions.
- One way to understand myth’s relevance and significance is to understand its forms.
- Myth and science have more commonalities than differences.
- Literature has been the vehicle of myth in literate cultures.
- The primary way many people experience myth is through film.
- Myth has long been a source for art, and artists change the myth when they use their medium.
Put another way, in this paper, you will want to take a broader approach than Campbell’s monomyth and argue how a particular myth demonstrates other aspects of mythology. Essay #1 was about applying a particular theory; Essay #2 involves you making a mythological argument on your own.
- Communication: Ensure your paper is free of errors that detract from the overall communication of your ideas.
- References: Format resources and citations according to MLA style and formatting.
- Page requirements: 750 – 1,000 words
- Format: One-inch margins, double spaced.
- Font and font size: Use Times New Roman, 12-point font.
AND JUST IN CASE YOU NEED IT ESSAY 1 INFO:
Using Campbell’s notion of the monomyth that we studied in Week 2, interpret one of the Greek hero myths. Review the Learning Resource on monomyth in Week 2 if needed.
Within your paper, you will want to demonstrate where the stages of the monomyth appear within the story and how they can be interpreted according to Campbell’s understanding of those stages. Not every story will have every stage, so feel free to focus on the main elements of the monomyth that work within the story you choose.