Investigative Psychology – coursefighter.com
Business Finance – coursefighter.com
There is a documented psychology to criminal investigators and investigations. It is important to analyze how our biases and assumptions influence our assessment of individuals and to analyze and understand psychological profiling in law enforcement. This provides a platform to determine cultural-based behavior patterns that may be specific to certain segments of the population. It is also important to understand the impact of these events and the psychological ramifications for victims and for investigators.
After completing this week’s required reading, you will
- Analyze the behavior of the investigator(s), including the analysis of the crime scene.
- Describe the psychological, behavioral, environmental, and cognitive factors that you believe influenced the investigation. (The goal is to understand the role these factors play in how an investigation is conducted and potentially on the outcome of the investigation.)
- Discuss what role, if any, the psychological profile of the offender played in how the investigation was conducted and in any subsequent court proceedings.
- Analyze how our biases and assumptions influence assessments of individuals.
- Describe how cultural-based behavior patterns specific to certain segments of the population impact these biases and assumptions, particularly relative to psychological profiling in law enforcement.
The Investigative Psychology paper
- Must be at least three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text
- Reading assignments .Chapter 3: The Psychology of InvestigationsBartol, A., & Bartol, C. (2015). Introduction to forensic psychology: Research and application (4th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.