Business Finance – COURSEFIGHER.COM
intro to policing- COURSE FIGHTER | coursefighter.com
- Why is communication important for police? List two guidelines for effective communication and use examples to illustrate their importance.
- Describe the White and colleagues study. According to the study by White and colleagues, what are the most important motivators for becoming a police officer? What are the least important? Was there much change in motivations over time?
- Discuss two of the questions surrounding police use of the TASER. Use detail and examples to illustrate.
- What does it mean to say that police encounters are “transactional”? What are the implications of this transactional mindset for police? Use detail and examples.
- What are the major arguments supporting armed, off-duty police? Do the findings from Fyfe’s study support these arguments? Explain why or why not.
- Describe the different types of stressors associated with policing. Use examples.
- Go to the Officer Down Memorial Page website (http://www.odmp.org/) and answer the following questions:
- How many line-of-duty deaths occurred in 2012?
- How many line-of-duty deaths have occurred in the state of Arizona?
- How many line-of-duty deaths have occurred in the state of Pennsylvania?
- How many Phoenix police officers have died in the line of duty?
- In 2014, how many line-of-duty deaths were caused by automobile accidents?
- Read the article at: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-police-training-las-vegas-chicago-met-20160324-story.html
Describe why the Las Vegas Metro Police Department decided to re-visit their use of force training and policy. Explain how de-escalation and the sanctity of life play into their revised approach? From your perspective, what are the advantages of such an approach? Disadvantages?
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW