Humanities – COURSEFIGHER.COM
High School Students persuasive essay- COURSE FIGHTER | coursefighter.com
Persuasive Writing Project:
Requires an essay, reflective piece, and presentation
Topic: High School Students should be required to do a designated number of community service hours
Audience: Department of Education
This allows you to show how you have applied the writing process, used APA effectively, created persuasive writing, and altered your writing (persuasive essay, reflective piece, and presentation) according to the mode used. You will be evaluated on your ability to:
- Composition of persuasive writing
- Using appropriate research materials to support content
- Developing body paragraphs that support your thesis
- Creation of a persuasive presentation
- Incorporate visuals that augment your presentation
- Composition of reflective writing
- Correct illustration of academic research documentation per APA standards
Write the essay:
- Determine your stance and construct a thesis statement that will reflect the focus of your essay. This thesis will drive your ideas.
- Find two academic resources that support your stance.
- Find one academic resource that counters your position.
- Follow the writing process to construct a 4-page persuasive essay that explains the “why” of your position and acknowledges the counter position. You must include a Reference Page, but it does not count as one of the 4-pages
Create the presentation: This can be done in PPT. Does not require audio
- Determine your stance and recognize the audience. Your presentation will be focused on that particular agency, so you would want to research that agency to educate yourself about your audience.
- Using the resources, you found in your research, construct a formal, persuasive presentation that reviews four important points about your issue.
- The presentation should have a variety of graphics, including a chart or a graph, and should be visually organized in a professional manner. It should also include a Reference Page that shows the reference citations for your topic research and your audience research.
Write a reflection:
You will answer the following questions in complete paragraphs (one paragraph per set of questions, four paragraphs total).
- What are the components of a successful persuasive piece and how did you implement these components in your own project?
- What did you learn from researching a specific audience for the PowerPoint Presentation? How did this help you to construct your project?
- Choose one source to explain in a well-developed paragraph, including an explanation of its relevance to your project and its credibility.
- In a paragraph, explain how your presentation differs from, and is similar to, your persuasive essay
FYI No Title pages are necessary for these documents
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW