E-commerce Excellence – coursefighter.com
Business Finance – coursefighter.com
company is Dell
In this assignment, you will assess e-commerce design principles applied to storefront sites. Each year the Webby Awards (linked in Resources) solicits nominees in various categories—a kind of online Academy Awards. They rate each site according to the following criteria:
- Content: Engaging and relevant information conveyed by text, sound, or imagery that conveys the site’s purpose and point of view.
- Structure/Navigation: Organization and prioritization of information and the way you get to
- Visual design: High quality, appropriate, and relevant appearance.
- Functionality: Load times, linking, usability, and accessibility across devices and platforms.
- Interactivity: Searches, chat, shopping, feedback, rollovers, and other participatory actions.
- Innovation: Anything that is done in a new way. Few sites have this distinction.
- User experience: The sum of all of the above that leads to stickiness: a site that makes you stay.
The following websites were nominated in the shopping category in 2018 (links in Resources):
- Bombas. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://bombas.com/
- Chrome. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.chromeindustries.com/
- Garage Project. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://garageproject.co.nz/
- Nexgrill. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://nexgrill.com/
- Wed’ze. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://goggles.wedze.com/winter-2017-2018/en
- Yeti. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.yeti.com/
For this assignment, look at all of these sites and answer the following questions:
- What is the online value proposition communicated by this site?
- Is this communicated on internal pages such as Contact or About Us?
- Is it adapted to different audiences?
- How well does the site sell, serve, speak, save, or sizzle?
- Give examples of how these objectives are conveyed through content, structure/navigation, visual design, functionality, interactivity or innovation?
- Does the home page successfully appeal to different segments within their target audience? Why or why not?
- Which calls to action would persuade you to go deeper into the site?