Science – COURSEFIGHER.COM
Comparing and Contrasting Two State Government IT Security- COURSE FIGHTER | coursefighter.com
For this research based report, you will perform a comparative analysis that examines the strengths and weaknesses of two existing IT Security Policies published by state governments (agencies and offices of the executive branch under the leadership of the state governors). You may choose any two states’ IT Security Policies from the list published by the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MSISAC). (See item #1 under Research.)
Your analysis must include consideration of best practices and other recommendations for improving cybersecurity for state government information technology operations (state agencies and offices). Your paper should also address the question: why should every state in the nation have a comprehensive IT security policy for state agencies and offices?
- Select two state government IT Security Policies. Use the list at https://msisac.cisecurity.org/state/ (if you encounter a broken link, you may search for that state’s policy or choose a different state).
- Download and review your selected state governments’ IT Security Policy documents.
- Develop five or more points which are common across the two documents. (Similarities)
- Identify and review at least three unique items in each document. (Differences)
- Research best practices for IT Security and/or IT Security Policies for state governments. Here are two sources which you may find helpful:
- Using your research and your comparison of the two policy documents, develop an answer to the question: Why should every state government have an IT security policy for state agencies and offices under the state’s executive branch?
Write a three to five page research based report in which you summarize your research and discuss the similarities and differences between the two IT security policy documents. You should focus upon clarity and conciseness more than length when determining what content to include in your paper. At a minimum, your report must include the following:
1.An introduction or overview of IT Security Policies for the executive branch of state governments (covering state agencies and offices in the executive branch including the governor’s office). Explain the purpose of an IT security policy and how it is used. Answer the question: why should every state in the nation have a comprehensive IT security policy for state agencies and offices? (Make sure that you address the importance of such strategies to small, resource-poor states as well as to large or wealthy states.)
2.A separate section in which you discuss the common principles and policy sections / statements (similarities) found in both IT security policy documents.
3.A separate section in which you discuss the unique aspects of the first state’s IT security policy document.
4.A separate section in which you discuss the unique aspects of the second state’s IT security policy document.
5.A section in which you discuss your evaluation of which state government has the better of the two IT security policy documents. You should also present best practice based recommendations for improvements for both IT security policy documents. (Note: you may have different recommendations for the individual policies depending upon the characteristics of each document.) Answer the question: why should every state in the nation have a comprehensive IT security policy for state agencies and offices?
- A separate section in which you summarize your research and recommendations.
Submit For Grading
Submit your work in MS Word format (.docx or .doc file) using the Project 5 Assignment in your assignment folder. (Attach the file.)
- Consult the grading rubric for specific content and formatting requirements for this assignment.
- Your 3-5 page research based report should be professional in appearance with consistent use of fonts, font sizes, margins, etc. You should use headings and page breaks to organize your paper.
- Your paper should use standard terms and definitions for cybersecurity. See Course Content > Cybersecurity Concepts Review for recommended resources.
- The CSIA program recommends that you follow standard APA formatting since this will give you a document that meets the “professional appearance” requirements. APA formatting guidelines and examples are found under Course Resources > APA Resources. An APA template file (MS Word format) has also been provided for your use CSIA_Basic_Paper_Template(APA_6ed,DEC2018).docx.
- You must include a cover page with the assignment title, your name, and the due date. Your reference list must be on a separate page at the end of your file. These pages do not count towards the assignment’s page count.
- You are expected to write grammatically correct English in every assignment that you submit for grading. Do not turn in any work without (a) using spell check, (b) using grammar check, (c) verifying that your punctuation is correct and (d) reviewing your work for correct word usage and correctly structured sentences and paragraphs.
- You are expected to credit your sources using in-text citations and reference list entries. Both your citations and your reference list entries must follow a consistent citation style (APA, MLA, etc.).
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW