CEO Solution – coursefighter.com
Business Finance – coursefighter.com
Project: CEO Selection
Remember: This course has major project assignments that will be due in Weeks 3 and 5. It will take more than a week’s effort to adequately complete them. Plan time to start the research and other work for those assignments earlier than the week in which they are due.
Use the same organization you identified in the Week 1 portion of the project.
Throughout this assignment, the critical importance of finding the right successor for the company’s CEO is paramount. The right candidate needs exemplary leadership, vision, and strategic planning abilities along with many of the other personal and professional qualities that have been discussed in this course thus far.
To begin finding the right successor, conduct a detailed analysis of the given organization’s current CEO, including the strengths, weaknesses, leadership and communication styles, and personal characteristics that make this leader dynamic and successful.
- What are the attributes of the current leader that you want his or her successor to possess? Why are such attributes necessary for a successor?
- What are the characteristics or traits of the current leader that you do not want his or her successor to possess? Why are such attributes not desirable?
- What other traits might need to be considered?
- Is there a job description available for your CEO? What are the specific knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for the position?
Based on your research and answers to the above questions, you should be able to:
- Create a matrix or job audit form describing the ideal candidate to succeed the current CEO.
- What are the essential personal and professional qualities to identify in candidates (i.e., what must you find out about candidates)?
- What are the important but perhaps less essential qualities (i.e., what would be good to know but should be secondary issues compared to the essential qualities?)
- Describe in detail the methods and tactics you would use to identify, source, recruit, and screen candidates, both internally and externally, for the CEO position.
- Include strategies for identifying the candidates with the personal and professional qualities that you desire in the next leader for the company.
- Support your responses with examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format.
- Post your response to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.