Albany State University Human Trafficking Case Study Paper – coursefighter.com
Humanities – coursefighter.com
Case Study 3 – You will find reading material here: Reading List
Read the material and choose two topics from Chapters 11-15 that relate to the readings.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CASE STUDIES
Read the material assigned for each Case Study. To locate the material, click Module 1 and then click the link “Case Study 1 – Reading List.” (Follow the same sequence for Case Studies 2 and 3).
The reading material for each Case Study describes an actual event. In some cases, the event may be ethically questionable. In other cases, the event is completely unethical. Your task is to choose two textbook topics (from the assigned chapters) that are related to the Case Study reading material. After summarizing the reading material, you will describe/explain how your two textbook topics are related to it.
Your Case Study must be 1000 words for full credit. It must be divided into three sections, as shown in the example below.
1. For full credit, your Case Study assignment must consist of three paragraphs, formatted like the example below. Paragraph 1 must be a description of the Case Study reading material. Paragraphs 2 and 3 must be topics from the assigned textbook chapters, with explanations of how the Case Study reading material is related to each topic.
2. No citation is required for the Case Study reading material that is posted in the course. If you choose to use other sources, include a bibliography at the end of your assignment. You may use either APA or MLA format for the bibliography.
3. Protect the privacy of other people — If you describe another person, do not use his/her real name (use initials). EXCEPTIONS: You may use the names of anyone included in the Case Study reading material that is posted in the course. You may also use the names of public figures, people in the news, or your own name.
EXAMPLE OF CASE STUDY ASSIGNMENT
Case Study 1 – Tuskegee Syphilis Study
Description: Example sentence – Beginning in 1932, the U.S. Public Health Service conducted a brutally immoral and unethical study of syphilis in African-American men. In the description paragraph, write your own summary of the assigned reading material. You may also include other sources and information if you wish (not required). If you choose to use outside sources, remember to include a bibliography at the end of your assignment.
Topic 1: My selected topic, Textbook p.?
This paragraph should be written in the same way as your topic paragraphs in the Ethics News Assignments. Choose a textbook topic related to the reading material, and describe/explain how the readings provide an example of your topic. I encourage you to use critical thinking and look beyond the psychology application. How did this affect real people? Does it remind you of other situations? How do we prevent future events like this?
Topic 2: My selected topic, Textbook p.?
Once again, this paragraph should be written in the same way as your topic paragraphs in the Ethics News Assignments. Choose a textbook topic related to the reading material, and describe/explain how the readings provide an example of your topic. As before, use critical thinking skills and creativity in addressing the readings and your topic.
CASE STUDY 3 – READING LIST
Psychologists and Torture
1. APA President’s Letter: Article
2. International Committee of the Red Cross (Download the Full Article PDF): Article
3. Alliance for Human Research Protection: Article
4. Summary of CIA and Psychologists’ Torture Program: Article
This article is hosted by a charitable organization, and it may load with a request for a donation. If that occurs, simply close the request box. I apologize for the nuisance, but this is the best summary I’ve found of the Mitchell & Jessen situation.
5. Settlement of Mitchell & Jessen Lawsuit: Article
Do not copy material from another source, unless you enclose the copied material in quotation marks and correctly identify the source. You are allowed to quote short passages (50 words or less) in your Case Study assignment, but it is not required. If you choose to use quoted material, remember to identify the source in a bibliography at the end of your post. I do not care what type of bibliography you use, as long as I can identify your source.
Exception: You may refer to our textbook simply by chapter or page number. Just put quotation marks around the passages you use, and explain that it comes from our book.
Do not copy material from another student and submit it as your work. Do not give your work to another student to be copied.
If you engage in these behaviors, or any form of plagiarism, you will be subject to the Academic Misconduct penalties described in the course syllabus.