Nursing 2023 Week 6 Case Study: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
2023 Week 6 Case Study Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease COPD Required Resources Read review – Course Fighter
Week 6 Case Study: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Weekly Concepts
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
Hector loved visiting and playing with his grandson, David. Today was David’s birthday and the whole family was at the park to celebrate. They had tons of food and lots of games to enjoy. At one point, they had a three-legged race and David asked his grandfather, Hector, to be his partner. They gave it everything they had and crossed the finish line ahead of everyone else for the win.
Afterward, Hector started wheezing and had trouble catching his breath. He also had a tightness around his chest. Fearing that Hector may be having heart troubles, the family rushed him to the local emergency room. Hector reported to the doctor that he had been having a chronic cough that he couldn’t get rid of and had to clear his throat of mucus every morning.
Respiratory function tests indicated that Hector had Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) as a result of chronic bronchitis. The ER physician sent him home with some medication and advised hector to assume the tripod position to aid in his breathing when he was experiencing shortness of breath.
Answer the following questions and save your responses in a Microsoft Word document. Provide a scholarly resource to support your answers.
- How is ventilation different from respiration?
- Ventilation is dependent upon a pressure gradient. Describe how this pressure gradient works.
- What muscles are involved in ventilation?
- What is COPD and how does it affect ventilation?
- How does the tripod position help breathing in COPD patients?
Submit your case study document.
Microsoft Office: Word
This activity will be graded based on the Case Study grading rubric. You can view the rubric below.
Course Outcomes (CO): 5
Due Date: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday of Week 6
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.