2023 Week 2 Discussion Choose two concepts in the theory you choose last week and describe How are
Nursing 2023 Week 2 discussion theories in nursing
2023 Week 2 Discussion Choose two concepts in the theory you choose last week and describe How are – Course Fighter
Week 2 Discussion
- Choose two concepts in the theory you choose last week and describe:
- How are the concepts defined in general (from other references)?
- How does the theorist define each of the concepts you have chosen?
- How do those concepts apply to your clinical practice? Give concrete examples. To support your work, use the textbooks from your course and also use the South University Online Library, citing your sources in your work and providing references for the citations in APA format.
Remember to list two concepts – and remember that theories are derived from conceptual models and are comprised of concepts and propositions. The only concepts that are common to all nursing theories, in some shape or form, are patient, nurse, health, and environment – which we discussed last week.
This week, select two concepts that are unique to your selected theory from last week – but they CANNOT be one of the four metaparadigm concepts – person, nurse, health or environment.
This is weeks one discussion please use this as a reference like stated above
The four meta paradigms of nursing are patient, health, nursing and environment. The metaparadigm of patient focuses on the recipient of care. It looks at the patient’s culture, spirituality, friends, family, and socioeconomic status. The premise of this metaparadigm is a patient is empowered to manage their health through positive connections (Branch et al., 2016). The second metaparadigm of health relates to the quality and patient wellness. Also, it includes patient’s access to health care. The third metaparadigm of environment refers to the internal and external factors relating with a patient. This includes a patient’s surroundings and interactions with visitors. The last metaparadigm of nursing component which relates to how nurses use their knowledge to provide care (Branch et al., 2016). It is important for nurses to apply these meta paradigms in their nursing practice to address patient care.
The theory applicable to my practice is the Theory of Human Caring disseminated by Jean Watson, a theorist in nursing. Watson advocates for developing specific theories to patient care (Nikfarid et al., 2018). Further, she interprets the nursing metaparadigm patient by promoting practice that satisfy human needs through human care. Watson believes it is important to honor the needs of a patient regardless of their beliefs or customs. Watson supports that individual patient needs should be valued and understood. Also, Watson interprets health as much more than curing an illness (Nikfarid et al., 2018). Watson believes that curing is a physiological response and nurses should use a holistic approach with patients.
This theory is appropriate in my area of clinical practice because I believe in satisfying human needs of every patient. I believe in addressing each individual needs and spending quality time with patients to provide a caring environment. Further, healing is a process that involves a lot of factors that the Watson theory discusses. Even though the theory has faced some criticism, I find it appropriate in my areas of clinical practice.
Branch, C., Deak, H., Hiner, C., & Holzwart, T. (2016). Four Nursing Metaparadigms. IU South Bend Undergraduate Research Journal, 16, 123-132.
Nikfarid, L., Hekmat, N., Vedad, A., & Rajabi, A. (2018). The main nursing metaparadigm concepts in human caring theory and Persian mysticism: a comparative study. Journal of medical ethics and history of medicine, 11
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.