2023 Week 2 Assignment Evidence Synthesis and Tables Submit Assignment Due Sunday by 11 59pm Points 125 Submitting a file upload
Nursing 2023 For Obese Adults In The Primary Care Setting, Will Implementation Of The “Canadian Adult Obesity Clinical Practice Guidelines” Compare To Current Practices Reduce The BMI Of Obese Patients In 8-10 Weeks.
2023 Week 2 Assignment Evidence Synthesis and Tables Submit Assignment Due Sunday by 11 59pm Points 125 Submitting a file upload – Course Fighter
Week 2: Assignment: Evidence Synthesis and Tables
- Due Sunday by 11:59pm
- Points 125
- Submitting a file upload
The purpose of this assignment is to document sources of research evidence that support the evidence-based intervention for the selected practice problem, including the level and quality of each source of research evidence. A synthesis of the evidence is conducted to determine the overall strength and quality of the evidence. The development of an evidence table and synthesis are foundational to inform actions and decisions to improve healthcare outcomes. Construction of an evidence table and synthesis supports the professional formation of the DNP-prepared nurse.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcome.
- CO 3: Develop strategies to lead project planning, implementation, management, and evaluation to promote high-value healthcare. (POs 3, 5, 7)
Submit your assignment by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday at the end of Week 2. The late assignment policy applies to this assignment.
Total points possible: 125
Download the Johns Hopkins Research Evidence Appraisal Tool (Links to an external site.) and the Johns Hopkins Individual Evidence Summary Tool (Links to an external site.) located in the Student Resource Center under “Project & Practicum Resources.”
As you incorporate published research study findings into your own writing, you aim for synthesis of the material. Before learning how to write a synthesis, it is important to define this term. At its most basic level, a synthesis involves combining two or more summaries. Synthesis writing is more difficult than it might first appear because this combining must be done in a meaningful way.
A synthesis requires critical reading and thinking in order to compare different material, highlighting similarities, differences, and connections. When a practice scholar synthesizes successfully, they present new ideas based on interpretations of published research evidence. Conceptually, it can be helpful to think about synthesis existing at both the local (or paragraph) level and the global (or paper) level.
Synthesis is all about collecting information from different sources and putting it together as one content.
Review the Graduate Re-Purpose Policy in the Student Handbook, page 15:
Repurposed Work (Chamberlain University Graduate Programs only): Graduate students have the opportunity to use previously submitted ideas as a foundation for future courses. No more than 50 percent of an assignment, excluding references, may be repurposed from another Chamberlain University course (excluding practicum courses). Previous course assignments that are deemed building blocks will be notated in the syllabus by the course leader. As with every assignment, students must uphold academic integrity; therefore, students must follow the guidelines for remaining academically honest according to the Academic Integrity policy. If the instructor is not made aware of the repurposing of an assignment, the submission will be treated as plagiarized work if not properly referenced
Follow these guidelines when completing each component of this assignment. Contact your course faculty if you have questions.
- Title Page
- Introduce the Practice Problem
- Practice Problem Statement
- Describe the Significance of the Practice Problem at the National Level (1 paragraph)
- Synthesis of Evidence to Support the Evidence-Based Intervention for the Selected Practice Problem. Include 3 Current LEVEL I, II, or III Peer-Reviewed Primary Research Studies and/or Systematic Reviews. May reuse research studies from previous courses.
- Synthesis of the Literature (2 paragraphs)
- Main Points/Salient Themes That Emerge from the Sources (Cited)
- Compare and Contrast Main Points /Themes from All Sources (Cited)
- Support for Evidence-Based Intervention (1 paragraph)
- Objective Rationale for the Intervention Based on the Literature
- Synthesis of the Literature (2 paragraphs)
- Summary Table of Evidence to Address the Evidence-Based Intervention for the Selected Practice Problem Using the Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice Evidence Summary Tool. Include as an appendix.
- Reference Page with Complete References for the 3 Sources of Research Evidence, Including the Permalink
- APA Formatting/ References
- APA Standards for Scholarly Papers
- Level I Headings are included
All Chamberlain University policies related to plagiarism must be observed.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.