2023 TOPIC Evaluating a Global Health Issue The Global Burden of Disease study is conducted by the Institute for
Nursing 2023 International Perspectives In Community Health
2023 TOPIC Evaluating a Global Health Issue The Global Burden of Disease study is conducted by the Institute for – Course Fighter
TOPIC: Evaluating a Global Health Issue
The Global Burden of Disease study is conducted by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation and published in the Lancet journal. It captures and analyzes data on many major causes of mortality and morbidity from almost every country. The study allows researchers and practices to compare countries and also help individual countries prioritize major health issues and risk factors with available resources. Review the background of the study by exploring the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation website as well as the various GBD reports found in the Lancet journal.
Create a PowerPoint presentation (six to Eight slides, not including your title or references slide) that addresses one of the top five causes of mortality and morbidity from the Global Burden of Disease Study (GBD). Select the health issue based on a specific country of interest and include the following in your presentation:
- Evidence and statistics supporting it as a major health issue, such as the Disability Adjusted Life Years or other measures of mortality and morbidity. Indicate which country you selected.
- Four major risk factors related to the health issue.
- Potential gaps or limitations in the data.
- Three social or economic opportunities to control or reduce the prevalence of this issue (reference the connection to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals).
- Points of interest regarding this leading cause of mortality and morbidity related to the country you selected.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Read Chapter 11 in For the Love of God: Principles and Practice of Compassion in Missions.
Explore the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) page of the United Nations website. Study all 17 goals in preparation for a discussion question in this topic. URL: http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sustainable-development-goals/
Explore the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation website.URL: http://www.healthdata.org/
Explore the Data Repository on the Global Health Observatory (GHO) page of the World Health Organization (WHO) website. URL: http://www.who.int/gho/database/en/
Explore the Health Data Tools and Statistics page of the Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce website. URL: https://phpartners.org/health_stats.html
Explore the Global Burden of Disease page, located on The Lancet website. URL: http://www.thelancet.com/gbd
Read “The Lazy Person’s Guide to Saving the World,” located on the United Nations website. URL: http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/takeaction/
Watch “Chris Murray and the Global Burden of Disease,” by Gates (2015), located on the YouTube website. URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_kfOygmfxA
Watch “Causes of Death: Global Burden of Disease Study 2015,” by The Lancet TV (2016), located on the YouTube website. URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERvFgjBHizo
Watch “What Does a $100 Million Public Health Data Revolution Look Like?” by TEDMED (2013), located on the YouTube website. URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mususV-jMFk
Watch “The State of Global Health,” by Global Health With Greg Martin (2013), located on the YouTube website. URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4mz5r6KiYo
Watch, “The DALY Show, Disability Adjusted Life Years (DALY),” by Kahn (Philip R. Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies) (2014), located on the YouTube website. URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exce4gy7aOk
Explore “Global: Both Sexes, All Ages, 2016, DALYs, ” located on the GBD Compare/Viz Hub page of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation website. URL: https://vizhub.healthdata.org/gbd-compare/
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.