Nursing 2023 Discussion: Managing Resources Web Page
2023 The management of resources is one of the most critical yet complex and time consuming activities that – Course Fighter
The management of resources is one of the most critical, yet complex and time-consuming activities that nurse managers are challenged to execute in their role. Budgets detail how time, money, supplies, and people should be acquired and used to support planned services. The demand for patient safety, quality care, acceptable reimbursement, technological advancement, and adequate staffing ratios requires that managers budget and schedule staff as accurately and efficiently as possible.
You will learn about the budget process and staffing considerations. Your discussion will link the decisions made when managing these resources to the cost, safety, and quality of services provided.
Upon successful completion of this discussion, you will be able to:
- Discuss the management of personnel and financial resources and its relevance to the quality, safety, and cost of healthcare.
- Correlate successful approaches for coaching, mentoring, and performance appraisals to optimal patient outcomes.
- Textbook: Leading and Managing in Nursing
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- In your textbook Leading and Managing in Nursing, read:
- Chapter 20, “Managing Costs and Budgets”
- Chapter 13, “Staffing and Scheduling”
- Chapter 21, “Selecting, Developing, and Evaluating Staff”
- Prepare to discuss the following prompts:
- Describe specific ways that nurses impact an organizational budget.
- Describe the variables that managers consider when creating a staffing plan.
- Discuss realistic strategies to address inadequate staffing numbers on a patient care unit.
- Why is it important for nurses to receive effective feedback through methods such as proper coaching, staff development opportunities, and accurate performance evaluations? What impact do these have on nurse satisfaction and patient outcomes?
- Find at least two current scholarly sources to support your explanations and insights. OCLS resources are preferred sources and can be accessed through IWU Resources. Wikipedia is not permitted, as it is not a peer-reviewed, scholarly source.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.