Nursing 2023 Assessment tool
2023 The Assessment Tool This assignment involves design of a new assessment tool to – Course Fighter
The Assessment Tool: This assignment involves design of a new assessment tool to evaluate a community facility or online program that focuses on the management of obesity through weight loss. The assessment tool should be flexible enough to evaluate any program dealing with weight-related issues. As you are designing the tool, you must consider the complete physical, psychological, intellectual, social, and spiritual well-being of program participants to determine if a program is adequately meeting a participant’s needs. In addition, the assessment tool must address co-morbidities and sensitivity to diversity. Develop a meaningful set of criteria to evaluate the services provided by the facility that you will be evaluating. These criteria will form the foundation of your assessment tool. You are encouraged to review the assessment tool grading rubrics and the Program Evaluation 2 instructions before completing this assignment.
Several resources are included in the Reference section below. You may find it helpful to review these resources and others as you develop the assessment tool. It is important to know the comorbidities that are often associated with obesity, as well as factors that contribute to program adherence and successful weight loss.
1. Thomas, PR, ed. Weighing the Options: Criteria for Evaluating Weight-Management Programs. Washington D.C., Institute of Medicine/National Academy Press; 1995.
2. Aim for a healthy weight. National Institute of Health: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/recommen.htm Accessed August 3, 2020.
3. Choosing a safe and successful weight-loss program. National Institute of Health: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/weight-management/choosing-a-safe-successful-weight-loss-program. Published July 2017. Accessed August 3, 2020.
Assessment Tool Section Due
Physical: addresses energy needs and comorbidities
Psychological: addresses mental illness and eating disorders
Intellectual: addresses nutrition education and comorbidity education
Social/Spiritual: addresses social support and spiritual needs
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.