2023 Scenario Mary Smith has just reported for duty and is reviewing
Nursing 2023 Scenario
2023 Scenario Mary Smith has just reported for duty and is reviewing – Course Fighter
Scenario – Mary Smith has just reported for duty and is reviewing the patients she will have during the evening shift. One of them, Ida Monroe, is on isolation for an infectious disease. Dr. Jerome comes into the nursing station around 9:00 P.M. after making hospital rounds to see his patients. He tells Mary that he noticed that one of his neighbors, Ida Monroe, is a patient, and he would like to review her medical chart. Mary starts to give him the chart and then realizes that Dr. Jerome is not Ida’s physician. Dr. Jerome says not to worry about that since he has taken care of the rest of Ida’s family for years and is sure that Ida will want him to consult on her case. When Mary hesitates to give him the chart, Dr. Jerome says that he will report her to her nursing supervisor. He walks over to pick up the chart.
- Read the scenario above and then, answer the following questions:
- Should Mary give Ida’s medical chart to Dr. Jerome? Why or why not?
- What should Mary say to Dr. Jerome?
- What should Mary do if Dr. Jerome continues to insist on seeing Ida’s chart?
- What ethical principles are involved in this case?
- What legal regulations are involved in this case?
- Your paper should be:
- One (1) page
- Typed according to APA style for margins, formatting and spacing standards
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.