2023 Review the following case study and discuss the questions that follow CC
Nursing 2023 path week 3
2023 Review the following case study and discuss the questions that follow CC – Course Fighter
Review the following case study and discuss the questions that follow.
CC is a previously healthy 27-year-old man admitted to the critical care unit after an accident in which he was hit by a car and dragged along the pavement for nearly 100 feet. He suffered a frontal contusion, fractured clavicle and ribs, and extensive abrasions on his arms, legs, side, back, and buttocks. On admission, he was tachycardic, hypotensive, unresponsive, and ventilating poorly. He was placed on a mechanical ventilator and given IV fluids for the treatment of his shock. CC responded well to fluids, with an increase in blood pressure and an improvement in urine output.
- Based on his case history and responsiveness to fluid therapy, what type of shock was CC experiencing?
- What other clinical findings would be helpful in confirming the type of shock? Why?
- Because of his many open wounds and invasive lines, CC is at risk for sepsis and septic shock. What clinical findings would suggest that this complication has developed?
- What is the link between sepsis and multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS)?
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.