Nursing 2023 Reply 1 And 2 ,150 Words Each One By 03/05/2021 At 6:00 Pm
2023 Reply 1 Kristin Bonilla 3 posts Re Topic 5 DQ 1 Nurse Managers and nurse leaders are the ones who – Course Fighter
Kristin Bonilla 3 postsRe: Topic 5 DQ 1
Nurse Managers and nurse leaders are the ones who are responsible for the changing of strategies to improve quality and patient care experiences. They are the ones that need to realize there is a problem, work with their departments to brainstorm ideas to change, and implement the change effectively. Change is not something that one person can do alone but the nurse manager and leaders of the department need to be the ones actively involved with the process. Leaders use a variety of different strategies, as defined by our text, to complete the process. Some of these strategies are: collaboration, facilitation of learning, delegation, coordination, shared governance, incorporation of quality and safety, and evaluation (Helbig, 2018).
Helbig, J., (2018). Chapter 3. Grand Canyon University (Ed.). Nursing Leadership & Management: Leading and Serving. Retrieved from: https://lc.gcumedia.com/nrs451vn/nursing-leadership-and-management-leading-and-serving/v1
3 postsRe: Topic 5 DQ 1
Nurse leaders and managers contribute extensively to changing the health care system for now and the future. Burke (2016 para 2) affirmed this position in this statement: “nurses are professionals with the capacity and responsibility to influence current and future healthcare delivery systems” (as cited in Grand Canyon University, 2018). Nurse leaders and managers contribute to reforms in health care through the utilization of their knowledge and skills to influence nursing practice to promote quality care delivery, patient safety and satisfaction. This is achieved through the following strategies:
- Influencing policies: Policies are formulated to shape and reform healthcare delivery. Nurse leaders participate this process of reengineering healthcare by influencing those policies that are aimed at bringing about this change. A report by the Institute of Medicine (2011) on the future of nursing therefore recommended that nurses take up leadership roles to be able to impact healthcare policies that will promote quality and safe care (as cited in GCU, 2018).
- Workflow: Nurse leaders can also contribute to changing the healthcare system through workflow. Workflow is the process an organization or people use to complete tasks to achieve a set goal. It is the way “people get work done” with sequential steps form the initiation to the end of the task (Brandall, 2018). According to GCU (2018), workflows in health care organizations often depend on nursing which gives nurse the opportunity to impact how healthcare is delivered. (GCU, 2018). Cain & Haque (2008) observed that an organization with a good workflow can easily reach their goals and targets in a “timely manner, leading to care that is delivered more consistently, reliably, safely, and in compliance with standards of practice” (as cited in GCU, 2018).
- Clinical inquiry: This is all about asking questions regarding nursing practice. Nursing leaders and managers use clinical inquiries to determine lapses in nursing practice and develop quality improvement interventions and evidence-based practices to improve nursing care (GCU, 2018).
Cain & Haque, 2008, para. 10).Brandall B. (2018). What is a Workflow? A simple guide to getting started. Retrieved March 1, 2021 from https://www.process.st/what-is-a-workflow/
Grand Canyon University (Ed). (2018). Nursing leadership & management: Leading and serving. https://lc.gcumedia.com/nrs451vn/nursing-leadership-and-management-leading-and-serving/v1.1/
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.