Nursing 2023 initial discussion
2023 read the pdf bottom of this direction and pick case and one page with intext citation – Course Fighter
read the pdf bottom of this direction and pick case and one page with intext citation and reference response
Directions: There are three scenarios that will be used in this discussion posting. You are all responsible for the initial discussion posting and then responding to one posting in the remaining scenarios. For example, my last name is Combs, therefore my initial discussion posting will occur from CASE #1. I will then be responsible for responding to one post from CASE #2 and one post from CASE #3.
CASE #1 (A to H); CASE #2 (I to Q); CASE #3 (R to Z)
30-year-old male presents to the emergency department with RLQ pain and fever. Labs reveal an elevated white blood count. The surgical intern tells the patient that appendicitis is suspected and that the plan is to proceed with surgery to remove the appendix. He explains that the surgery is to be performed to prevent complications of appendicitis, including abscess formation, sepsis or even death. He goes on to explain the risks of surgery, including bleeding, infection and damage to adjacent organs. What additional information needs to be included in this consent? Provide an evidence-based reason for your answer.
- Whether or not the intern would undergo the procedure in a similar circumstance.
- Alternative to the surgery, including receiving antibiotics and monitoring the patient.
- Name of the surgeon who will actually be performing the procedure.
- A, B and C
- B and C only
33-year-old woman is in the operating room to undergo colectomy for ulcerative colitis. Patient was given appropriate information, and consented for the procedure. During the operation, a mass is identified involving the liver. Given the previous consent, it is acceptable for the surgeon to proceed further to either biopsy or excise the lesion. Provide an evidence-based reason for your answer.
14-year-old girl presents to the emergency department, accompanied by her 10-month-old daughter and boyfriend. The boyfriend is the child’s father. Patient complains of severe lower abdominal pain, although she is afebrile, with normal laboratory values and normal vital signs. No cause of the pain is able to be delineated, and the plan is to take the girl to the operating room to perform a diagnostic laparoscopy. In this case, from whom should informed consent be obtained? Provide an evidence-based reason for your answer.
- Patient’s parents
- Patient’s boyfriend
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.