Nursing 2023 The Literature Review and Searching for Evidence
2023 Purpose This week s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes COs CO 1 Examine the – Course Fighter
This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO 1: Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
- CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (PO 4 & 8)
- CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and clinical significance related to evidence-based practice. (PO 4 & 8)
You must access the following article to answer the questions:
Baker, N., Taggart, H., Nivens, A. & Tillman, P. (2015). Delirium: Why are nurses confused? MedSurg Nursing, 24(1), 15-22. permalink (Links to an external site.)
- Locate the literature review section. Summarize using your own words from one of the study/literature findings. Be sure to identify which study you are summarizing.
- Discuss how the author’s review of literature (studies) supported the research purpose/problem. Share something that was interesting to you as you read through the literature review section.
- Describe one strategy that you learned that would help you create a strong literature review/search for evidence. Share your thoughts on the importance of a thorough review of the literature.
Welcome to week 3! When reviewing evidence of scholarly research studies, you will consistently find the same format: Background/Introduction, Literature Review, Methods, Results, and Discussion/Conclusion. This week, we will spend time discussing a literature review. To do this, please access and read:
Baker, N., Taggart, H., Nivens, A. & Tillman, P. (2015). Delirium: Why are nurses confused? MedSurg Nursing, 24(1), 15-22
Next, review the literature review and summarize the findings of their evidence search. How does it relate to the problem they are studying? Share what interested you about the lit review and how you might go about creating a literature review. You may keep in mind your clinical question from week 2, if that is helpful. Why must the literature review be thorough?
This week we will be working toward the following Course Outcomes:
- Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice.
- Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies.
- Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and clinical significance related to evidence-based practice.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.