2023 Psychotherapeutic Approaches to Group Therapy for Addiction When selecting a psychotherapeutic approach for a client you must
Nursing 2023 Psychotherapy Approaches To Group Therapy For Addiction
2023 Psychotherapeutic Approaches to Group Therapy for Addiction When selecting a psychotherapeutic approach for a client you must – Course Fighter
Psychotherapeutic Approaches to Group Therapy for Addiction
When selecting a psychotherapeutic approach for a client, you must consider the unique needs and characteristics of that particular client. The same is true when selecting a psychotherapeutic approach for groups. Not every approach is appropriate for every group, and the group’s unique needs and characteristics must be considered. For this Assignment, you examine psychotherapeutic approaches to group therapy for addiction.
· Evaluate psychotherapeutic approaches to group therapy for addiction
· Review this week’s Learning Resources and reflect on the insights they provide on group therapy for addiction.
· View the media, Levy Family: Sessions 1-7, and consider the psychotherapeutic approaches being used.
In a 2- to 3-page paper, address the following:
· Identify the psychotherapeutic approach that the group facilitator is using and explain why she might be using this approach ( clue, CBT- Exposure therapy, breathing exercise,listerning, PTSD)
· Determine whether or not you would use the same psychotherapeutic approach if you were the counselor facilitating this group and justify your decision.
· Identify an alternative approach to group therapy for addiction and explain why it is an appropriate option.
· Support your position with evidence-based literature.
Note: The College of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The sample paper provided by the Walden Writing Center provides examples of those required elements (available at http://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htm). All papers submitted must use this formatting.
Required Readings( Need 3 references)
American Nurses Association. (2014). Psychiatric-mental health nursing: Scope and standards of practice (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
- Standard 6 “Evaluation” (pages 65-66)
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
Gamble, J., & O’ Lawrence, H. (2016). An overview of the efficacy of the 12-step group therapy for substance abuse treatment. Journal of Health & Human Services Administration, 39(1), 142-160.
Kim, J. W., Choi, Y. S., Shin, K. C., Kim, O. H., Lee, D. Y., Jung, M. H., … Choi, I. (2012). The effectiveness of continuing group psychotherapy for outpatients with alcohol dependence: 77-month outcomes. Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research, 36(4), 686–692. doi:10.1111/j.1530-0277.2011.01643.x
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice. New York, NY: Springer.
- Chapter 16, “Psychotherapeutic Approaches for Addictions and Related Disorders” (pp. 565–596)
Yalom, I. D., & Leszcz, M. (2005). The theory and practice of group psychotherapy (5th ed.). New York, NY: Basic Books.
Document: Group Therapy Progress Note
Allyn & Bacon (Producer). (2000). Motivational interviewing [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Psychotherapy.net.
The approximate length of this media pice is 102 minutes.
Laureate Education (Producer). (2013d). Levy family: Sessions 1-7 [Video file]. Baltimore, MD; Author.
Psychotherapy.net (Producer). (2015). Group therapy for addictions: An interpersonal relapse prevention approach [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Author.
Psychotherapy.net (Producer). (2000a). Cognitive therapy for addictions [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Author.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.