Nursing 2023 Assessing Musculoskeletal Pain
2023 PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION BELOW 5 REFERENCES NOT MORE THAN 5 YEARS ZERO PLAGIARISM PLEASE SEE – Course Fighter
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION BELOW:
5 REFERENCES NOT MORE THAN 5 YEARS
PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED RUBRIC DETAILS AND EPISODIC/FOCUSED NOTE TEMPLATE
PLEASE FOLLOW THE APA 7 FORMATE/STYLE.
The body is constantly sending signals about its health. One of the most easily recognized signals is pain. Musculoskeletal conditions comprise one of the leading causes of severe long-term pain in patients. The musculoskeletal system is an elaborate system of interconnected levers that provides the body with support and mobility. Because of the interconnectedness of the musculoskeletal system, identifying the causes of pain can be challenging. Accurately interpreting the cause of musculoskeletal pain requires an assessment process informed by patient history and physical exams.
In this Discussion, you will consider case studies that describe abnormal findings in patients seen in a clinical setting.
- By Day 1 of this week, you will be assigned to one of the following specific case studies for this Discussion. Please see the “Course Announcements” section of the classroom for your assignment from your Instructor.
- Your Discussion post should be in the Episodic/Focused SOAP Note format rather than the traditional narrative style Discussion posting format. Refer to Chapter 2 of the Sullivan text and the Episodic/Focused SOAP Template in the Week 5 Learning Resources for guidance. Remember that all Episodic/Focused SOAP notes have specific data included in every patient case.
- Review the following case studies:
A 46-year-old female reports pain in both of her ankles, but she is more concerned about her right ankle. She was playing soccer over the weekend and heard a “pop.” She is able to bear weight, but it is uncomfortable. In determining the cause of the ankle pain, based on your knowledge of anatomy, what foot structures are likely involved? What other symptoms need to be explored? What are your differential diagnoses for ankle pain? What physical examination will you perform? What special maneuvers will you perform? Should you apply the Ottawa ankle rules to determine if you need additional testing?
With regard to the case study you were assigned:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources, and consider the insights they provide about the case study.
- Consider what history would be necessary to collect from the patient in the case study you were assigned.
- Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about the patient’s condition. How would the results be used to make a diagnosis?
- Identify at least five possible conditions that may be considered in a differential diagnosis for the patient.
Post an episodic/focused note about the patient in the case study to which you were assigned using the episodic/focused note template provided in the Week 5 resources. Provide evidence from the literature to support diagnostic tests that would be appropriate for each case. List five different possible conditions for the patient’s differential diagnosis, and justify why you selected each.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.