Nursing 2023 Bone Health
2023 Mrs Law a 77 year old female is at home recovering from a surgery that she – Course Fighter
Mrs. Law, a 77-year-old female, is at home recovering from a surgery that she had after falling and breaking her hip 5 days ago. She lives with her husband, Dean, who helps to care for her. Mrs. Law is a former smoker and has a past medical history of hypertension and hyperlipidemia.
You are the visiting nurse, assigned to check on her postoperative progress. You ask the client how she is feeling, do an assessment, and inquire as to what she has eaten over the past 24 hours. Mrs. Law states that she has “no pep,” no appetite, has been taking her pain medication as prescribed (every 4 hours—but not real helpful!), cannot sleep well, doesn’t feel much like walking except to the bathroom, and has been unable to move her bowels for several days.
- Breakfast: Two glazed doughnuts, coffee (black)
- Lunch: Tossed salad with oil and vinegar, diet soda
- Dinner: Tomato soup, 1 cup; four soda crackers; and red homemade wine
- Snack: Pretzels, diet soda
What nutrients that contribute to bone health are missing in Mrs. Law’s diet?
What other dietary concerns do you have?
Is Mrs. Law getting the appropriate amount of vitamins and minerals for her age and current condition? Why or why not?
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.