Nursing 2023 BHD421 Module 1 Case
2023 Module 1 Case INTRODUCTION TO COMMUNITY HEALTH Assignment Overview Understanding conceptually a community is critical to understanding – Course Fighter
Module 1 – Case
INTRODUCTION TO COMMUNITY HEALTH
Understanding conceptually a community is critical to understanding this course. After reading the appropriate articles and websites listed on the Background page you should have a good understanding of what is a community and some of the differences between community health and public health.
In responding to the questions below, I want you to immerse yourself into this course and try to think “out of the box.” Research points or questions you may not understand running key words through Google or another search engine. Remember, we don’t require examinations at TUI University but we do want you to demonstrate through the written word that you understand the key concepts presented in the course.
Please briefly answer the following questions:
- Which factor do you believe most affects the health of the community? Generally, these factors are classified as physical factors, social and cultural factors, community organization, and individual behavior. Please justify your response.
- Define community, community health and public health. Discuss the domains of personal and community health within the context of the community.
- Discuss and explain community health practices and what are their relationship to promoting a healthy community.
- Explain health disparity and their causes? Identify the problems related to health disparity.
- Discuss and explain a particular Social Determinant of Health that you consider to be the most important that can be improved by changing or modifying public policy as described by Richard Wilkinson and Michael Marmot in the WHO (2008) “Closing the gap in a generation” article.
Please submit your Case Assignment by the end of Module 1. Please refer to the Trident calendar for exact due dates. Please contact me at any time should you have any questions.
- You are expected to consult the scholarly literature in preparing your paper; you are also expected to incorporate relevant background readings.
- Your paper should be written in your own words. This will enable your instructor to assess your level of understanding.
- In order to earn full credit, you must clearly show that you have read ALL required Background materials.
- Be sure to cite your references in the text of all papers and on the reference list at the end. For examples, look at the way the references are listed in the modules and on the Background reading list. Remember, any statement that you make that is not common knowledge or that originates from your synthesis or interpretation of materials you have read must have a citation associated with it. For guidelines on in-text citations, visit the following website: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/02/
- Proofread your paper to be sure grammar and punctuation are correct and that each part of the assignment has been addressed clearly and completely.
- Your assignment will not be graded until you have submitted an Originality Report with a Similarity Index (SI) score <15% (excluding direct quotes, quoted assignment instructions, and references). Papers not meeting this requirement by the end of the session will receive a score of 0 (grade of F). Papers with a lower SI score may be returned for revisions. For example, if one paragraph accounting for only 10% of a paper is cut and pasted, the paper could be returned for revision, despite the low SI score. Please use the report and your SI score as a guide to improve the originality of your work.
Length: This Case Assignment should be 3-5 pages (double-spaced) in length and should include 4-5 peer reviewed references, not counting the title and references page.
Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable source of information.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.