Nursing 2023 MICRO MOD 1 CASE
2023 Module 1 Case I NTRODUCTION TO BACTERIA AND VIRUSES Assignment Overview Note You must install Adobe Shockwave Player – Course Fighter
Module 1 – Case
INTRODUCTION TO BACTERIA AND VIRUSES
Note: You must install Adobe Shockwave Player and Quicktime onto your computer in order to view these videos and tutorials. They are available for free online http://www.adobe.com/products/shockwaveplayer.html & https://support.apple.com/en_US/downloads/quicktime). Google Chrome browser does NOT work for the Pearson links; please use Mozilla Firefox in this case.
In this activity you will be researching a microbiologist who has made an important contribution to the study of microbiology. Next you can choose an area of microbiology to research and find out about the scientists who are carrying on that type of research today.
Choose one of the following microbiologists: David Baltimore, Robert Koch, Louis Pasteur, Elizabeth Bugie Gregory, Antonie Van Leeuwenhook, Walter Reed or Margaret Pittman.
When researching your chosen area of microbiology, a good resource can be found here: http://www.microbeworld.org.
In a 2- to 3-page essay, address the following questions:
- Which microbiologist did you choose from the list above?
- What are his/her most notable accomplishments?
- What branch of microbiology did he/she specialize in (bacteriology, virology, protozoology, epidemiology, etc)?
- How is this branch of microbiology important in today’s world?
- Find a current researcher (2000-today) conducting studies in this field of microbiology. What are his/her most notable findings?
- How have these findings changed the field of microbiology and medicine?
Page Length: 2 to 3 pages
Scholarly Content and Format
TUI encourages all students to comply with APA style and format guidelines for proper citation of references. Your case assignments are considered scholarly works. Your final work should include peer reviewed (scholarly) sources. Please use the formatting demonstrated in your Background section to cite the tutorials and readings from the Module Overview.
Please keep in mind that you should not use sources such as “Answers.com” or “Wikipedia” or “Wikianswers.” None of these are scholarly sources and they can be “modified” by any registered user which makes them unreliable.
Appropriate Headings and Paper Flow
Remember that you are preparing a formal academic paper. Your paper should make use of appropriate headings and subheadings. You should not cut and paste the questions posed and answer them like a “Question and Answer” session. Your finished paper should read like an academic paper. You will post your final essay as a Word document to the Case assignment dropbox.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.