Nursing 2023 Theoretical Lens, Conceptual and Theoretical Frameworks in Qualitative Research
2023 Looking From a Theoretical Lens Perspective The language of qualitative research can be confusing The words sound – Course Fighter
Looking From a Theoretical Lens Perspective
The language of qualitative research can be confusing. The words sound like regular English, but they have very particular meanings. To make the language even more complicated, the definitions can vary across different qualitative methodological scholars.
For the purpose of this course, distinctions between two important concepts should be considered:
- Theoretical framework: the use of constructs and propositions a recognized theory (or theories) to a research problem, purpose, and question.
- Examples: Social Influence theory, transformational leadership theory, game theory
- Conceptual framework: the construction of ideas, assumptions, and beliefs sourced in both the literature and one’s own experience, which identify the main concepts that guide the formulation of the research problem, purpose, and question.
- Examples: Concepts from positive psychology, mindfulness meditation, language development models
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the Learning Resources related to the use of a theoretical or conceptual framework to guide the examination of a research problem in qualitative research.
By Day 3
Post an explanation of the role of a theoretical or conceptual framework in qualitative research and provide examples from the resources you read. Use proper APA format and citations to support your post.
Ravitch, S. M., & Carl, N. M. (2021). Qualitative research: Bridging the conceptual, theoretical, and methodological (2nd ed.) Sage Publications.
- Chapter 2, “Using Conceptual Frameworks in Research” (pp. 32–61)
- Chapter 3, “Critical Qualitative Research Design” (pp. 62–103)
- “Qualitative Research Design” (focus on pp. 62-63)
Rubin, H. J., & Rubin, I. S. (2012). Qualitative interviewing: The art of hearing data (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Chapter 1, “Listening, Hearing, and Sharing” (pp. 1–11)
- Chapter 2, “Research Philosophy and Qualitative Interviews” (pp. 13–24)
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.