2023 Learning Objectives Students will Assess client families presenting for psychotherapy Develop
Nursing 2023 Family Therapy
2023 Learning Objectives Students will Assess client families presenting for psychotherapy Develop – Course Fighter
· Assess client families presenting for psychotherapy
· Develop genograms for client families presenting for psychotherapy
· Select a client family that you have observed or counseled at your practicum site.
· Review pages 137–142 of Wheeler (2014) and the Hernandez Family Genogram video in this week’s Learning Resources.
· Reflect on elements of writing a comprehensive client assessment and creating a genogram for the client you selected.
Part 1: Comprehensive Client Family Assessment
Create a comprehensive client assessment for your selected client family that addresses (without violating HIPAA regulations) the following:
· Demographic information
· Presenting problem
· History or present illness
· Past psychiatric history
· Medical history
· Substance use history
· Developmental history
· Family psychiatric history
· Psychosocial history
· History of abuse and/or trauma
· Review of systems
· Physical assessment
· Mental status exam
· Differential diagnosis
· Case formulation
· Treatment plan
Part 2: Family Genogram
Develop a genogram for the client family you selected. The genogram should extend back at least three generations (parents, grandparents, and great grandparents).
Resources ( Need 3 references).
Laureate Education (Producer). (2013b). Hernandez family genogram [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
American Nurses Association. (2014). Psychiatric-mental health nursing: Scope and standards of practice (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
Nichols, M., & Davis, S. D. (2020). The essentials of family therapy (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice. New York, NY: Springer.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.