Nursing 2023 Leadership and the Change Process
2023 Leadership and the Change Process What examples of leadership have you seen in working with others at your practicum setting – Course Fighter
Leadership and the Change Process
What examples of leadership have you seen in working with others at your practicum setting as well as in other situations? What have you observed that inspires you to be an effective leader? What challenges have you noticed? How does this relate to your personal leadership style? How can you, as a leader, facilitate the translation of evidence into practice? What leadership skills aid this process?
For this Discussion reflect on what makes a leader effective and how insights from theory as well as previous endeavors can be applied to planning for and implementing a change related to the translation of evidence into practice.
- Consider evidence-based changes currently underway or recently achieved in your practicum setting. Analyze the practicum environment, examine data, and refer to theory to identify a need for a change you would propose.
- Reflect on examples of how leadership influences the translation of evidence into practice from within your practicum setting.
- Identify an evidence-based change appropriate for your practicum setting.
- Think of two or three instances that demonstrate how you have been able to—or, if not applicable, how you could—apply leadership skills in your practicum setting. Then, reflect on the results of your DiSC Assessment, completed in NURS 8300. What strengths and/or challenges have you encountered, or might you encounter based on your personal leadership style? In what ways do you need to grow as a leader?
By tomorrow Wednesday 3/6/19 6 pm write a minimum of 550 words essay in APA format with at least 3 references (see list or required readings below). Include the level one headers as numbered below:
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
1) Based on your practicum experiences, discuss the influence of leadership on the translation of evidence into practice. Provide specific insights gained from theory as well as from changes currently underway or recently achieved in your practicum setting.
2) Propose an evidence-based change for your practicum setting. Be sure to justify the need for this change using data.
3) Explain how you might apply theory as well as observations gathered from your practicum site to planning for and implementing the proposed change.
4) How are you developing your leadership skills in your practicum setting? Which aptitudes or experiences do you think are most important to your role as a leader in facilitating the translation of evidence into practice? If possible, relate this to specific learning objectives you developed during Week 1 (see attached file for learning objectives).
White, K. M., Dudley-Brown, S., & Terharr, M. F. (2016). Translation of evidence into nursing and health care practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer.
· Review Chapter 6, “Translation of Evidence for Leadership”
This chapter addresses the pivotal role of leadership in the translation of evidence into practice.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). (2006). The essentials of doctoral education for advanced nursing practice. Retrieved from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/publications/position/DNPEssentials.pdf (see attached file).
Use the information in this report to guide the formulation of goals for your practicum experience.
Kotter, J. P. (2007). Leading change: Why transformation efforts fail. Harvard Business Review, 85(1), 96-103. Retrieved from https://cb.hbsp.harvard.edu/cbmp/pl/57319806/57319860/3d20a24aeeedc7a83d2a918c5013078c
In this foundational reading, Dr. John Kotter discusses errors commonly made as organizations undergo change, and he recommends steps leaders can take to help avoid them.
Murphy, M. P., Staffileno, B. A., & Carlson, E. (2015). Original Article: Collaboration Among DNP- and PhD-Prepared Nurses: Opportunity to Drive Positive Change. Journal of Professional Nursing,31388-394. doi:10.1016/j.profnurs.2015.03.001
Nelson-Brantley, H. V., & Ford, D. J. (2017). Leading change: a concept analysis. Journal Of Advanced Nursing, 73(4), 834-846. doi:10.1111/jan.13223
Salmela, S., Eriksson, K., & Fagerström, L. (2012). Leading change: a three-dimensional model of nurse leaders’ main tasks and roles during a change process. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 68(2), 423-433. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2648.2011.05802.x
Sherrod, B., & Goda, T. (2016). DNP-Prepared leaders guide healthcare system change. Nursing Management, (9). 13.
Osters, S., & Tiu, F. S. (n.d.). Writing measurable learning outcomes. Retrieved from http://www.gavilan.edu/research/spd/Writing-Measurable-Learning-Outcomes.pdf
Kotter International. (2017). Kotter International. Retrieved from http://www.kotterinternational.com/
National Center for Healthcare Leadership. (2017). NCHL Health Leadership Competency ModelTM.Retrieved from http://www.nchl.org/static.asp?path=2852,3238
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.