2023 ional Resources American Nurses Association 2014 Psychiatric mental health nursing Scope and standards of practice
Nursing 2023 Practicum Journal
2023 ional Resources American Nurses Association 2014 Psychiatric mental health nursing Scope and standards of practice – Course Fighter
American Nurses Association. (2014). Psychiatric-mental health nursing: Scope and standards of practice (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
Assignment: Practicum – Week 5 Journal Entry (Due Week 7)
- Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
- Evaluate the efficacy of therapeutic approaches for clients*
- Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders*
* The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week and submitted in Week 7.
Select a client whom you observed or counseled that suffers from a disorder related to trauma. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- Describe the client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
- Using the DSM-5, explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
- Explain whether any of the therapeutic approaches in this week’s Learning Resources would be effective with this client. Include expected outcomes based on these therapeutic approaches. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
- Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.