2023 INSTRUCTIONS Transition into the Professional Nursing Role Identify actions to be
Nursing 2023 Career Planning
2023 INSTRUCTIONS Transition into the Professional Nursing Role Identify actions to be – Course Fighter
• Transition into the Professional Nursing Role: Identify actions to be considered in the transition from student to BSN graduate nurse including: Identify the state in which the student is seeking employment (Texas State).
• Criteria for Licensing: Detail a minimum of three (3) criteria set forth by the Board of Nursing for obtaining an RN license in that state.
•Positions/ Employers to work for: Research and identify three (3) positions (Graduate nurse residency program)/employers (Texas health presbyterian hospital; Medical City hospital; UT southwestern Hospital) the student could work for as a new graduate BSN in the geographic area the student is seeking employment. Identify motivators and possible detractors for working in those positions/with the selected employers.
• Details for applying: Provide the details of what is required to submit an application for the positions/ employers identified above.
• Holistic Life Balance: Provide a description of the ways in which the student intends to maintain holistic balance in their personal life as well as in the role of professional nurse within the first year and at five years.
• Stressors and Challenges: Identify known stressors and anticipated challenges as well as plans for managing each of them within the first year and at five years. Career Services can provide assistance with this assignment element (i.e., How do I get to where I want to go in nursing? What are my goals? What challenges must be addressed to reach my goals? etc.).
• Lifelong Learning: Determine a plan for lifelong learning and educational development anticipated within the first year and at five years.
o This plan can include, but is not limited to, specialty certification, advanced nursing education, and the pursuit of formal education outside of the nursing discipline.
• Professional Contributions: Summarize plans for (a) contributing to at least one professional nursing community as well as the student’s general community in the healthcare professional role within the first year and at five years, and (b) examining the need for the student’s own professional nursing development related to monitoring outcomes data for patient quality & safety (i.e., how do I need to develop to better assess data that helps me deliver safe patient care and improve the quality of that care?).
● List of resources that will be helpful in completing the assignment:
American Nurses Credentialing Centerat http://www.nursecredentialing.org/certification.aspx
Board of Nursing Contact at https://www.ncsbn.org/contact-bon.htm
Holistic Nursing at http://www.ahna.org/About-Us/What-is-Holistic-Nursing
National Council of State Boards of Nursing a thttps://www.ncsbn.org/index.htm
Nursing Community at http://www.thenursingcommunity.org/
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation at http://www.rwjf.org/
Sigma Theta Tau International at http://www.nursingsociety.org
• Writing Requirements:
● Minimum of 5 full pages excluding the title and reference pages.
●A minimum of three (3) peer-reviewed scholarly sources are required in support of this assignment.
● A minimum of one (1) professional nursing organization website or Board of Nursing website is required in support of this assignment.
● Adheres to all APA formatting guidelines for title page, margins, and in-text citations.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.