Nursing 2023 Working With Children And Adolescents Versus Adults
2023 Infant childhood and adolescent development are a continual interplay between nature genetic or biologic – Course Fighter
Infant, childhood, and adolescent development are a continual interplay between nature (genetic or biologic predisposition) and nurture (environmental experiences). The nature/nurture continuum and debate will always be a part of your career as a PMHNP. Knowing common developmental milestone is important in the role as a child provider. Not only is it essential to the diagnostic process, but it is also important to the interdisciplinary interactions with other mental health professionals. The study of normal developmental processes, however, is only one tool that allows the mental health professional to understand the child being evaluated. There are many different assessment instruments and interviewing techniques that PMHNPs can have in their toolkit when working with children and adolescents.
- Explain why a developmental assessment of children and adolescents is important.
- Describe two assessment instruments and explain why they are used for children and adolescents but not adults.
- Describe two treatment options for children and adolescents that may not be used when treating adults.
- Explain the role parents play in assessment and treatment.
References that must be used
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- Chapter 2, “Contributions of the Psychosocial Sciences” (pp. 93–130)
- Chapter 6, “Classification in Psychiatry” (pp. 290–299)
- Chapter 31, “Child Psychiatry” (pp. 1107–1152)
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.