Nursing 2023 The Ethics Of Triage
2023 In this writing assignment you will analyze the ethical concerns related to distributive justice Step 1 Read – Course Fighter
In this writing assignment, you will analyze the ethical concerns related to distributive justice.
Step 1: Read the following case study
You are a nurse in a Third World country in a small village of 150 people (adults and children – roughly equal in numbers). There is an outbreak of a deadly infection which is easily treated with a specific antibiotic. Untreated, the mortality rate is close to 100%. However, you only have enough to treat 25 adults or 50 children. Additional dosages are on their way but are not expected to arrive before this current outbreak will run its course.
Note that anyone over 11 is considered an adult and you are in as much danger from the infection as everyone else.
Step 2: In a 2-3 page 500+ word paper discuss the following:
- Analyze the ethics of having the power of life and death over your patients.
- Compare and contrast the potential risks and benefits for the local community of various options available for treatment
- Choose who will get treated and who will not. Provide a rationale for your choice. You MUST choose an action. If you waffle or refuse to state who gets treated and why, you will receive a 0 for this assignment.
Cite all sources in APA format.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.