2023 In clinical settings advanced practice nurses often encounter patients with blood disorders such as anemia Consider the
Nursing 2023 Advance Pathophysiology : Anemia
2023 In clinical settings advanced practice nurses often encounter patients with blood disorders such as anemia Consider the – Course Fighter
In clinical settings, advanced practice nurses often encounter patients with blood disorders such as anemia. Consider the case of a 17-year-old girl who is rushed to the emergency room after suddenly fainting. The girl’s mother reports that her daughter has had difficulty concentrating for the past week, frequently becomes dizzy, and has not been eating normally due to digestion problems. The mother also informs the nurse that their family has a history of anemia. With the family history of anemia, it appears that this is the likely diagnosis. However, in order to properly diagnose and treat the patient, not only must her symptoms and family history be considered, but also factors such as gender, ethnicity, age, and behavior. This poses the question: How do patient factors impact the incidence and prevalence of different types of anemia?
· Review Chapter 21 in the Huether and McCance text. Reflect on the pathophysiological mechanisms of iron deficiency anemia.
· Select one of the following types of anemia: pernicious anemia, folate deficiency anemia, sideroblastic anemia, chronic inflammation anemia, or post-hemorrhagic anemia. Identify the pathophysiological mechanisms of the anemia you selected.
· Consider the similarities and differences between iron deficiency anemia and the type of anemia you selected.
· Reflect on how patient factors such as genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, and behavior might impact these anemic disorders.
· An explanation of the pathophysiological mechanisms of iron deficiency anemia and the anemia you selected (pernicious anemia). explanation at the cellular or molecular level (whenever possible).
· Compare these two types of anemia, as well as their potential causes.
· Finally, explain how genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, and behavior might impact the anemic disorders you selected.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.