Nursing 2023 Health Promotion. Case Study Module 8.
2023 Health Promotion Case Study Module 8 Instructions Read the following case study and answer the reflective – Course Fighter
Health Promotion. Case Study Module 8.
Instructions: Read the following case study and answer the reflective questions. Please provide
rationales for your answers. Make sure to provide citations/references for your answers in APA
CASE STUDY: Active Labor: Susan Wong
Mrs. Wong, a first-time mother, is admitted to the birthing suite in early labor after spontaneous rupture of membranes at home. She is at 38 weeks of gestation with a history of abnormal alpha-fetoprotein levels at 16 weeks of pregnancy.
She was scheduled for ultrasonography to visualize the fetus to rule out an open spinal defect or Down
syndrome, but never followed through. Mrs. Wong and her husband disagreed about what to do (keep
or terminate the pregnancy) if the ultrasonography indicated a spinal problem, so they felt they did not
want this information.
1. As the nurse, what priority data would you collect from this couple to help define relevant
interventions to meet their needs?
2. How can you help this couple if they experience a negative outcome in the birthing suite? What
are your personal views on terminating or continuing a pregnancy with a risk of a potential
anomaly? What factors may influence your views?
3. With the influence of the recent Human Genome Project and the possibility of predicting open
spinal defects earlier in pregnancy, how will maternity care change in the future?
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.