2023 Discussion Topic Discussion 1 Sanya a 20 year old woman from India who is attending a university in the United States
Nursing 2023 Discussion topic
2023 Discussion Topic Discussion 1 Sanya a 20 year old woman from India who is attending a university in the United States – Course Fighter
1. Sanya, a 20-year-old woman from India who is attending a university in the United States, is seen by a nurse in a clinic for the first time when she is 16 weeks’ pregnant. This is an unplanned pregnancy, and Sanya tells the nurse that she wants an abortion. Sanya feels that, although abortion is discouraged by Indian culture unless it is necessary to save the mother’s life, she should terminate the pregnancy. Her boyfriend, the baby’s father, is a Caucasian American, but her parents have already arranged for her to marry an Indian man in India. Sanya would prefer to marry her American boyfriend.
- a. Using Leininger’s Sunrise Model, discuss the complexities of the cultural traditions and the woman’s situation
- b. How can the nurse offer support to the woman?
2. Mrs. Trudy Jackson is a 75-year-old African American woman who has had hypertension for the past 15 years. She states that she doesn’t always take her pills because they cost $250 a month; if she feels ok, she doesn’t take them.
- a. How do African American rates of hypertension and corresponding morbidity and mortality compare to other groups?
- b. What is the nurse’s responsibility regarding educating Mrs. Jackson about her hypertension?
- c. What potential barriers may affect Mrs. Jackson’s health behavior?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
- You should respond to at least two of your peers by extending, refuting/correcting, or adding additional nuance to their posts.
- All replies must be constructive and use literature where possible.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.