Nursing 2023 Discussion Post
2023 Discussion question Joshua Martin is a 5 year old boy who started kindergarten this – Course Fighter
Discussion question: Joshua Martin is a 5-year-old boy who started kindergarten this year. Joshua’s wheezing intensifies after he lies on the floor mats in his classroom for a nap. Joshua receives albuterol (a β2-agonist) treatments four to five times a year in the emergency department for this condition and experiences temporary relief of symptoms. The school nurse’s observations of Joshua include the following: absence of fever or sore throat, persistent dry cough, wheezing, exercise intolerance, and a history of resolution of symptoms after β2-agonists treatments. After a pulmonary function test is done at his pediatrician’s office, it is determined that Joshua has moderate persistent asthma and allergic rhinitis.
- Which of the school nurse’s observations are consistent with the diagnosis of asthma?
- How would you explain the purposes and expected results of a pulmonary function test?
- In providing education to Joshua and his mother, how would you incorporate the use of a peak flow meter and what developmentally appropriate instructions would you give?
- In developing plan of care goals, the school nurse recognizes what level of activity is appropriate for children with asthma?
- The school nurse recognizes that Joshua is using correct inhaler technique by observing which demonstrations? What would you use for a child unable to use a MDI correctly?
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.