Nursing 2023 db discrimination
2023 Discrimination Instructions It is anticipated that the initial discussion response should be in the – Course Fighter
It is anticipated that the initial discussion response should be in the range of 250-300 words. Response posts must demonstrate topic knowledge and scholarly engagement with peers. This is not the only criteria utilized for evaluation; substantive content is imperative. All questions in the topic must be addressed. Please proofread your response carefully for grammar and spelling. Do not upload any attachments. All responses need to be supported by a minimum of one scholarly resource. Journals and websites must be cited appropriately. Citation and reference must adhere to APA format (6th Ed.).
Students are expected to initially address the discussion question by Wednesday of each week. Participation in the discussion forums is expected with a minimum total of three (3) substantive postings (this includes your initial posting and posting to two peers) on three (3) different days per week. Substantive means that you add something new to the discussion, you aren’t just agreeing. This is also a time to ask questions or offer information surrounding the topic addressed by your peers. Personal experience is appropriate for a substantive discussion and should be correlated to the literature.
All discussion boards will be evaluated utilizing rubric criterion inclusive of content, analysis, collaboration, writing and APA. If you fail to post an initial discussion you will not receive these points, you may however post to your peers for partial credit following the guidelines above. Due to the nature of this type of assignment and the need for timely responses for initial posts and posting to peers, the Make-Up Coursework Policy (effective July 2017) does not apply to Discussion Board Participation.
Discussion Prompt [Due Wednesday]
lease review the following case study. Post an initial substantive response addressing one of the topics listed in Question 1 ( Choose A, B, C or D). Please use reputable resources such as peer-reviewed journal articles to support your rationale. Respond to a peer who selected one of the options you did not choose or whose answer differed from yours and explore whether or not your approach would be different given this new information and insight.
Martha Miller is a 32-year-old, African American single mother living in a midsize city. She has three children from previous relationships. Her partner is Mick, a 38-year-old White man who lives with her, and who is unemployed. Although he is actively looking for a job, he has not worked in more than a year. Her oldest child is 8 years of age, she has a 4-year-old, and her youngest is 17 months. She works as a hotel housekeeper from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and at a fast-food restaurant from 6 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. She has limited time home with her children, only seeing them briefly after her first job, and then again in the morning before work. Her partner helps with the cooking and childcare. She is overweight with a body mass index of 32, has mild hypertension, and had a second A1c level of 6.4 for which you prescribed Metformin 500 mg twice a day during her last clinic visit 6 months ago. At that visit, she saw a dietitian for dietary counseling, and you spoke with her about developing a plan to get 150 minutes of exercise weekly.
She has not been back to see you despite repeated calls to her cell phone, a number that changes about every 8 to 10 months. She finally came into clinic last week, and you have determined that she is 20 weeks pregnant. You are concerned about the effectiveness of her medication, her very stressful life, and lack of follow-up as problems that can affect her health and that of her baby.
Select one of the options below and discuss the ways in which this conditions/social problem might increase her health risks?
- The effects of income inequality on her health and ability to be an active participant in her care.
- Racial discrimination she may experience related to her romantic relationship.
- Health disparities she may experience related to her pregnancy, such as the risk for preterm labor and the high rate of infant mortality in low-income women.
- She is not at risk for any of these problems. She just has not been taking very good care of herself, but now that she’s in clinic, you are less concerned.
- Alcohol use disorder (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Alcohol use disorder: Comparison of DSM-IV and DSM-5 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Inequality and Health (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Intimate Partner Violence (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Intimate Partner Violence and Alcohol (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Estimated time to complete: 3 hours
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.