2023 Case Study Chapter 34 Management of Patients With Hematologic Neoplasms 1 John King 60 years of age is a male
Nursing 2023 Management of Patients With Hematologic Neoplasms
2023 Case Study Chapter 34 Management of Patients With Hematologic Neoplasms 1 John King 60 years of age is a male – Course Fighter
Case Study, Chapter 34, Management of Patients With Hematologic Neoplasms
1. John King, 60 years of age, is a male patient who is admitted with the diagnosis of multiple myeloma. He presents with a spinal fracture of the fifth lumbar vertebrae. The patient is scheduled for a vertebroplasty of the spinal fracture. The patient is to remain on bed rest and should be log rolled. Osteolytic lesions are seen in x-rays of the skull, vertebrae, and ribs. The patient has hypercalcemia. The patient’s uric acid level is elevated. The patient has orders for zoledronic acid (Zometa), thalidomide (Thalomid), allopurinol (Zyloprim), calcitonin, ibuprofen, and Vicodin. (Learning Objective 5)
- What nursing management should the nurse provide the patient?
- Explain the indication and action of the various medications ordered to treat the patient’s symptoms.
2. Susan Clare, age 38, is admitted to the medical oncology unit with acute myeloid leukemia (AML). She has many areas of ecchymosis and petechiae on her skin, as well as generalized pallor. She states she has lost 15 pounds in the last 2 months, and often has a low-grade fever. On physical assessment, you find her liver and spleen to be enlarged on palpation. (Learning Objective 3)
- What laboratory results would you anticipate due to her ecchymosis and petechia?
- Why would it be important to inspect her gums and teeth?
- Why is her liver enlarged?
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.