2023 Case Study A 25 year old presented to the labor and delivery unit with complaints of
Nursing 2023 Module 3 Maternal Child Health
2023 Case Study A 25 year old presented to the labor and delivery unit with complaints of – Course Fighter
Case Study: A 25-year-old presented to the labor and delivery unit with complaints of uterine cramping and lower back pain. The client denied any vaginal bleeding and had a history of preterm birth at 32 weeks (about 7 and a half months) gestation with her last pregnancy. The baby from that pregnancy is three years old has no developmental issues. The client’s gestational age is 30 weeks (about 7 months). She is O+, and all other lab values are normal. No evidence of sexually transmitted infections (STI’s).
(Group Beta Strep is missing from the labs and most often is obtained at 35 – 37 weeks (about 8 and a half months) gestation. Without this information, it is often determined to treat the patient anyway, to protect a premature baby from the risk.)
- What additional information should the nurse obtain from the client?
- What nursing intervention is most appropriate in this situation?
- What screening tests should be obtained to determine the risk for preterm labor?
- If the client is in preterm labor, what medications would the nurse expect to be ordered, and what are the priorities for the nurse to assess post-administration? (Include dose, side effects, and expected outcomes of the medication).
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.