Nursing 2023 Discussion WK 9 – Case Study
2023 Case 2 Volume 1 Case 14 The scatter brained mother whose daughter has ADHD like mother like daughter Review – Course Fighter
Case 2: Volume 1, Case #14: The scatter-brained mother whose daughter has ADHD, like mother, like daughter
· Review the patient intake documentation, psychiatric history, patient file, medication history, etc. As you progress through each section, formulate a list of questions that you might ask the patient if he or she were in your office.
· Based on the patient’s case history, consider other people in his or her life that you would need to speak to or get feedback from (i.e., family members, teachers, nursing home aides, etc.).
· Consider whether any additional physical exams or diagnostic testing may be necessary for the patient.
· Develop a differential diagnoses for the patient. Refer to the DSM-5 in this week’s Learning Resources for guidance.
· Review the patient’s past and current medications. Refer to Stahl’s Prescriber’s Guide and consider medications you might select for this patient.
Post a response to the following:
· List three questions you might ask the patient if he or she were in your office. Provide a rationale for why you might ask these questions.
· Identify people in the patient’s life you would need to speak to or get feedback from to further assess the patient’s situation. Include specific questions you might ask these people and why.
· Explain what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate for the patient and how the results would be used.
· List three differential diagnoses for the patient. Identify the one that you think is most likely and explain why.
· List two pharmacologic agents and their dosing that would be appropriate for the patient’s ADHD therapy based on pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. From a mechanism of action perspective, provide a rationale for why you might choose one agent over the other.
· If your assigned case includes “check points” (i.e., follow-up data at week 4, 8, 12, etc.), indicate any therapeutic changes that you might make based on the data provided.
· Explain “lessons learned” from this case study, including how you might apply this case to your own practice when providing care to patients with similar clinical presentations.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.