Nursing 2023 Reply to my peer
2023 Begin reviewing and replying to peer postings responses early in the week to enhance peer discussion – Course Fighter
Begin reviewing and replying to peer postings/responses early in the week to enhance peer discussion. See the rubric for participation points. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing viewpoints with a rationale, challenging aspects of the discussion, or indicating relationships between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Always use constructive language, even in criticism, to work toward the goal of positive progress.
Post your initial response to the topic below.
Advance Care Planning and Analysis
Read the section titled “Reflective Practice: Pants on Fire” from the chapter “Health Policy, Politics, and Professional Ethics” and address the questions below.
- How do you judge Palin’s quote below, as an effective strategy to oppose Democrats’ plans for health care reform or unethical scaremongering?
- “And who will suffer the most when they ration care? The sick, the elderly, and the disabled, of course. The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s death panel so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their level of productivity in society, whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil.”
- Reflect on what informs your judgment: commitment to advance care planning, analysis of facts, and/or political party loyalties?
- Is it right for nurses to endorse health reform legislation even if the legislation is not perfect?
- Does this apply to the recently failed American Health Care Act?
I think Palin’s stance was to much of a show of emotion related to her at home situation. I feel that when it comes to modern politics that emotions do not seem to get very much accomplished. I understand some of her frustrations with Obamacare. I honestly find myself have more conservative views when it comes to politics, but I do feel that it takes both parties to get every view point across. One reason that I do feel nurses should be involved with legislation is due to the amount of trust the public has for our profession. According to Huie (2017), “Nurses have consistently been ranked the most trusted profession in honesty and ethical standards above other healthcare professionals such as medical doctors, pharmacists and dentists” (p. 3). I think this raises the bar for nurses to become more involved in politics. My opinion on the AHCA is that its failure is due to Trump’s hast to get it passed. I believe there will be no perfect system to healthcare. Therefore, without being able to back an imperfect system nurses will never be able to get involved.
Huie, R. (2017). Nurses, The Most Trusted Profession! Alabama Nurse, 44(1), 3.
I feel that the above quote by Sarah Palin was both an effective strategy against the Democrats and unethical fear mongering. Playing on the emotions of people by naming the most vulnerable people in society is a good way to get someone’s attention and a good way for people to automatically dismiss the AHA without giving it a fair chance just by her statement and her analysis of it. Why take the time and go through the strenuous details when she gets to the gist of it in one short, powerful statement. I personally think it was a low blow, however this is politics and you have to hit them where it hurts to get results or to get people’s attention. My judgment is based on analysis of facts. Obamacare was created so Americans can have insurance coverage and to include more Americans to ensure they have coverage. The AHCA is similar to Obamacare so I think the statement can pertain to it as well.
EHealth Insurance. (2017, October 22). Trumpcare (AHCA) vs. Obamacare (ACA). Retrieved August 01, 2020, from https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/resources/affordable-care-act/trumpcare-vs-obamacare
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.