Nursing 2023 Healthcare services
2023 Be substantive and clear and use examples to reinforce your ideas How healthcare services are provided is constantly changing – Course Fighter
Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
How healthcare services are provided is constantly changing. While historically, emergency departments (ED) was physically located within the hospital building, the standalone Emergency Department also referred to as the Free Standing Emergency Department (FSED) has become a new model for delivery of emergency services within communities. Consider yourself in the role of a consultant to a healthcare organization, financial manager, or ED administrative director. You have been asked to provide the CEO and leadership with pros and cons of establishing a Free Standing Emergency Department. You are aware of the news stories about these types of facilities, and you will want to review The Washington Post article at this link as you prepare your review.
Include in your discussion:
- Differences between off campus emergency departments (OCEDs) and independent free standing emergency centers (IFECs). What would be the advantage to the healthcare organization of an OCED?
- How would services provided be reimbursed either by private insurance or Medicare/Medicaid?
- What are the advantages or disadvantages to the community of an FSED? Would members of the community favor an OCED or an IFEC?
- Why are most of the FSEDs located in Texas, Colorado and Ohio?
- Based on your research and the news stories about FSEDs, what would you recommend to the CEO and Board of Directors?
NOTE: Use at least two scholarly references and cite using APA format.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.