2023 Assignment Structural Versus Strategic Family Therapies Although structural therapy and strategic therapy are both used in family therapy these
Nursing 2023 Structural VS Strategic Family Therapies
2023 Assignment Structural Versus Strategic Family Therapies Although structural therapy and strategic therapy are both used in family therapy these – Course Fighter
Assignment: Structural Versus Strategic Family Therapies
Although structural therapy and strategic therapy are both used in family therapy, these therapeutic approaches have many differences in theory and application. As you assess families and develop treatment plans, you must consider these differences and their potential impact on clients. For this Assignment, as you compare structural and strategic family therapy, consider which therapeutic approach you might use with your own client families.
· Compare structural family therapy to strategic family therapy
· Create structural family maps
· Justify recommendations for family therapy
· Review this week’s Learning Resources and reflect on the insights they provide on structural and strategic family therapies.
· Refer to TherapistAid (2020) in this week’s Learning Resources for guidance on creating a structural family maps.
In a 2- to 3-page paper, address the following:
· Summarize the key points of both structural family therapy and strategic family therapy.
· Compare structural family therapy to strategic family therapy, noting the strengths and weaknesses of each.
· Provide an example of a family in your practicum using a structural family map. Note: Be sure to maintain HIPAA regulations.
· Recommend a specific therapy for the family, and justify your choice using the Learning Resources.
Note: The College of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references.
Required Readings ( Need 3 references).
McNeil, S. N., Herschberger, J. K., & Nedela, M. N. (2013). Low-income families with potential adolescent gang involvement: A structural community family therapy integration model. American Journal of Family Therapy, 41(2), 110-120. doi:10.1080/01926187.2011.649110
Méndez, N. A., Qureshi, M. E., Carnerio, R., & Hort, F. (2014). The intersection of Facebook and structural family therapy volume 1. American Journal of Family Therapy, 42(2), 167-174. doi:10.1080/01926187.2013.794046
Nichols, M., & Davis, S. D. (2020). The essentials of family therapy (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Chapter 4, “Bowen Family Systems Therapy” (pp. 56-71)
- Chapter 5, “Strategic Family Therapy” (pp. 72-88)
- Chapter 6, “Structural Family Therapy” (pp. 89-104
Nichols, M., & Tafuri, S. (2013). Techniques of structural family assessment: A qualitative analysis of how experts promote a systemic perspective. Family Process, 52(2), 207-215. doi:10.1111/famp.12025
Ryan, W. J., Conti, R. P., & Simon, G. M. (2013). Presupposition compatibility facilitates treatment fidelity in therapists learning structural family therapy. American Journal of Family Therapy, 41(5), 403-414. doi:10.1080/01926187.2012.727673
Sheehan, A. H., & Friedlander, M. L. (2015). Therapeutic alliance and retention in brief strategic family therapy: A mixed-methods study. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 41(4), 415-427. doi:10.1111/jmft.12113
Szapocznik, J., Muir, J. A., Duff, J. H., Schwartz, S. J., & Brown, C. H. (2015). Brief strategic family therapy: Implementing evidence-based models in community settings. Psychotherapy Research: Journal of the Society for Psychotherapy Research, 25(1), 121-133. doi:10.1080/10503307.2013.856044
TherapistAid. (2020). Genograms for psychotherapy. Retrieved from https://www.therapistaid.com/therapy-guide/genograms
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.