Nursing 2023 Ethics And Standards
2023 As a nurse informaticist you may be at the forefront of managing patient – Course Fighter
As a nurse informaticist, you may be at the forefront of managing patient data, institutional data, and other record-keeping that has reporting requirements. The reporting of accurate and truthful information is critical to policy compliance, and may affect funding, safety ratings, or other crucial measures. In this Discussion, you analyze one such example where informatics and ethics overlap.
For this Discussion, consider the following scenario:
Imagine that you are a nurse informaticist in an ER department. The manager informs you that the duration from when a patient arrives in the ER reporting cardiac-related symptoms to being seen in the cardiac catheterization lab is above the national standard. She asks if there is a way to “adjust” the report to make the time look better before the next review.
- Review the resources and reflect on the actions you would take and the decision you would make to meet standards in an ethical manner as it relates to the scenario provided.
- Think about what your response to the manager might be.
By Day 3 of Week 11
Post a response that explains how you would comply with policy and maintain ethical nursing practice in the scenario above. Be specific and provide examples. Next, recommend a solution to address the problem described in the scenario. Justify why you would recommend this solution.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.