2023 Although Canada is contiguous to the United States and has some cultural and historical similarities Canada s
Nursing 2023 Upstream Approaches To Canadian Population Health
2023 Although Canada is contiguous to the United States and has some cultural and historical similarities Canada s – Course Fighter
Although Canada is contiguous to the United States and has some cultural and historical similarities, Canada’s population enjoys a vastly superior health status. Reasons are many, can be traced historically, and are related to a different view of the role of government. The experience of Canada demonstrates that neither a heterogeneous population nor a health system that has to wait for lines for services is the reason for poor health. By looking critically at what produces good health in Canada, much can be learned about steps the U.S. might need to take if population health is its goal.
The Canadian Best Practices Portal challenges Canadian public health practitioners and researchers to create upstream interventions aimed at the source of a population health problem or benefit. What is being done to address the influences on population health in Canada?
To prepare for this Assignment Search the Internet and scholarly research for examples of Canadian “upstream interventions” that can be put forth as examples of either effective or ineffective efforts to improve population health.
The Assignment (2–4 pages):
- Provide a description of an existing intervention in Canada, intended to improve health inequities. Include an explanation of the inequity and how the intervention targets upstream determinants of health.
- Describe the organizations involved and/or social policies enacted in the implementation of the intervention.
- Explain whether or not the intervention was/is successful and what lessons public health practitioners can learn from that experience that might improve population health in the United States.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.