Nursing 2023 Unit 5 Case Study: Rheumatoid Arthritis
2023 A 50 year old woman has had rheumatoid arthritis for 3 years and has been taking multiple NSAID s She – Course Fighter
A 50 year old woman has had rheumatoid arthritis for 3 years and has been taking multiple NSAID’s. She has taken corticosteroids a few times during flare ups.
The disease seems to be progressing with stiffness and swelling in her hands and wrists. Examination reveals rheumatoid nodules, synovitis of both wrists and metacarpo-phalangeal joints. This is an indication of an acute exacerbation of rheumatoid arthritis. She is prescribed methotrexate with sulfasalazine and a short course of prednisone.
- What is the mechanism of action of prednisone?
- What is the concern with chronic treatment with glucocorticoids?
- What is the mechanism of action of methotrexate and sulfasalazine.
- What are the side effects of methotrexate and sulfasalazine
- Prepare and submit a 3-4 page paper [total] in length (not including APA format).
- Answer all the questions above.
- Support your position with examples.
- Please review the rubric to ensure that your assignment meets criteria.
- Submit the following documents to the Submit Assignments/Assessments area:
- Case Study: Rheumatoid Arthritis
Unit 9 Quiz
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.