Nursing 2023 CASE STUDY
2023 A 19 month old infant presents with marked leg swelling pain and irritability to walk within – Course Fighter
A 19 month old infant presents with marked leg swelling, pain, and irritability to walk within 6 hours of receiving booster vaccinations.
Past medical history:
Primary immunizations received at 6, 10, and 14 weeks of age consisting of trivalent oral polio vaccine administered by mouth, hepatitis B virus vaccine, Haemophilus vaccine and diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus vaccine. No other childhood illnesses.
No prior adverse reactions noted
Vitals 38.5 degree Celsius
Respiratory rate, blood pressure and Heart Rate: normal for age
Musculoskeletal: marked swelling of the right thigh with tenderness; no discernable edema of the left thigh and no generalized edema
Skin: erythema of right thigh
Question answers should be based on evidence found in readings and from peer-reviewed literature. At least two sources must be used and cited in APA format for each question. Only one source can be a textbook. Resources should generally be within 5 years unless you are explaining the pathophysiology of a disease or providing pertinent background information
- Review the types of hypersensitivity reactions, describe what type of hypersensitivity reaction is involved in this case, and support with evidence.
- According to national guidelines, what would you advise parents regarding further immunization practices?
- Describe the pathophysiological basis for this type of hypersensitivity reaction.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.