Nursing 2023 dicussion I
2023 1 A family is gathered around in the ICU waiting room to monitor the status – Course Fighter
1. A family is gathered around in the ICU waiting room to monitor the status of a 22-year-old male, David, who sustained traumatic injuries in a motorcycle accident. He is in critical unstable condition with many wounds and severe abrasions. David’s mom keeps crying and saying, “What did I do to deserve this, God?” The family is Roman Catholic.
- a. What information should you ask the family regarding their culture, beliefs, and coping mechanisms?
- b. The family wants to be at the bedside with David and requests to be present if he has a code blue or becomes asystolic.
- c. What is your best response to their request?
2. A 45-year-old divorced Filipino man with end-stage Alzheimer’s disease was found dead from hanging. While preparing the body for the morgue, the mother tells the nurse that he has disgraced the family and he will go to hell.
- a. What religious or spiritual beliefs influenced the mother’s reaction?
- b. How should the nurse respond to the mother?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
- Click the “Order Now” button to reach our online order form. Share your requirements (word count, deadline, topic, referencing style, etc.) and submit them.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card, debit card, or online banking with our reliable gateway. We provide 100% secure transfer.
- One of our certified writers will work on your assignment and deliver it to your registered email ID along with a free “Plagiarism Report” to prove the originality of the work.